Saturday | Sept 17 | 11am - 4pm
Sunday | Sept 18 | 11am - 2pm
A CELEBRATION OF AMERICAN CULTURE
CALL FOR ART
September 23rd 2016 | 6:00-9:00 PM
September 23rd thru October 28th 2016
Juror: FRANCISCO SHEUAT
Artwork must showcase predominately ICONS OF AMERICAN CULTURE or the COLORS Red, White, Blue or a combination of the three. Examples of Icons include; Eagle, Cowboy Boots, American Flag.
1st Place = $150 USD Cash recognition award
2nd Place = $100 USD Cash recognition award
3rd Place = $ 50 USD Cash recognition award
People’s Choice = $ 50 USD Cash recognition award
This exhibit is open to all 2D Fine Artists including PAINTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS in Broward, Miami Dade, and Palm Beach counties.
●All artwork presented must be for sale.
●Art must be artist’s original work. No reproductions will be accepted.
● ENTRY FEES: $15 for first entry, $10 each additional entry.
● MAXIMUM ENTRIES PER ARTIST: 3
● PAY AT ART INTAKE OR PAY HERE BEFORE DROP OFF: http://traxartstudios.com/book-now/americana-art-call
● ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
ARTWORK SIZE AND PRESENTATION:
● MAXIMUM SIZE: 30 inches X 30 inches (Including frame)
● NO WET PAINT!!!
● All artwork must be Retail Ready. Unframed canvases must be gallery wrapped with NO visible staples or tape.
● All wall-hanging works must be properly wired for hanging.
● Unframed artwork mounted on foam core or similar board will not be accepted. Acrylic or metal prints with finished backs will be accepted.
● Plexiglas is strongly recommended for enclosed framed works.
● Each element of a series (Diptychs or Triptychs) is charged as an individual entry. For example, a Diptych is charged as 2 artworks, Triptych as 3.
EMAIL FOR QUESTIONS:
Exhibit Juror: Francisco Sheuat
Juror Francisco Sheuat will make the final selection of artworks accepted into the show on Sunday, Sep 18, after 2pm.
TRAX Art Studios
3540 NE 12 Ave
Oakland Park, Florida 33334
Saturday, September 17th from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. And
Sunday, September 18th from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM SHARP
DATES FOR ART PICK UP:
●Artworks NOT ACCEPTED into the exhibit must be picked up by Sunday, September 25th to avoid a storage fee of $20 per week or part thereof. Call TRAX Art Studios to set up a time for your artwork pickup.
●Artworks ACCEPTED, but not sold during the exhibit, must be picked up on Saturday, October 29th or Sunday October 30th from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. To avoid a storage fee of $20 per week or part thereof, please pick up on time. Call TRAX Art Studios if you need to set up a different pick up time.
ART SALES / COMMISSION:
TRAX Art Studios’ commission fee for all sold artworks is 30% of the retail sales price. Artists will be paid within 14 days after sales $ is received.
EXHIBIT MARKETING AND EVENTS:
TRAX Art Studios’ intention is to sell the works exhibited and to allow maximum exposure to the participating artists. As part of our Marketing efforts the studio will promote the exhibit and art pieces via digital marketing, its newsletter and social media channels. The studio will also sponsor these “Americana” Exhibit events:
●OPENING EVENT: Friday, September 23rd (6:00-9:00 PM)
●ART AND INTERIOR DESIGN EVENT w/ guest speaker:
Wednesday, October 12th(6:00-9:00 PM) ***CANCELLED***
●CLOSING EVENT: Friday, October 28th (6:00-9:00 PM)
NOTE: TRAX ART STUDIOS OFFERS ART PHOTOGRAPHY AND ART WIRING SERVICES. IF YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL PIECE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT TO THE SHOW BUT NEED A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH TO SUBMIT OR NEED HELP WITH WIRING, TRAX CAN ASSIST. CONTACT US AT 954-368-2294 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
TRAX Art Studios, Inc. is an artist-owned company committed to promoting art, education and professional development for working artists in South Florida.
Website: www.traxartstudios.com PH: 954-368-2294